Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Journey, Part 3




Seabreeze snarled at the plump, brown kittypet. He backed away slowly, staring up at the patrol of Clan cats. The journeying cats had just arrived in Twoleg Place, and this overfed kittypet was their first obstacle.

"Please! Don't hurt me! What do you want from me?" the kittypet was splayed on the ground, trying to shrink away from the Clan cats.

Tawnymist stepped forward. "Do you know of any cat named Snaketail?" Her voice was definite and demanding.

The tom's eyes grew wide for a split second, then he blinked and shook his head vigorously. "No! I mean, no. I...I don't know what your talking about!"

Windstreak bared his teeth. "If you don't tell us, all cats will be in danger!"he hissed.

The tom's eyes grew wide with fear. "Well....yes...yes, I know Snaketail."

Tawnymist sat on her haunches. "Tell us what he told you."

The patrol of cats all sat back and let the kittypet have room to speak. The fur on their necks bristled with excitement of finding a clue and hatred for Snaketail.

"Well," the tom sat up and licked his front paw. "I am Rufus. Snaketail was wandering through the Twoleg Place one night and I was on the fence. He spotted me and bounded up to me and told me tales of bad, mean cats who will take over the forest if I don't help him. I told him I don't live in the forest, so what would I care? Then...then he said he would..kill me if I didn't help him. That he would kill ALL of us!"

Fallowheart's tail twitched. "Us? You mean there's more of you?"

"Yes," Rufus sighed. "He wanted to make an army of house cats to defeat the evil cats." He looked at the Clan cats. "Wait. You're the cats! You're..the evil cats!" Rufus's eyes grew wide with fear as he looked the foreign cats over.

"No," Windrunner stood up. "He is the bad one. We are trying to stop him."

"Hmmm," Rufus took the information in. "Well..."

Seabreeze growled. "Okay! Okay!" Rufus jumped as the fierce warrior growled at him. "Follow me."

Rufus led the cats to an abandoned Twoleg nest. "In here," Rufus ordered the cats as he slipped inside a broken window. The Clan cats followed him inside.


~~~

Lilymask looked around warily. Twoleg Place was big and daunting and she had just lost the PoplarClan cats. The last time she saw them, they were talking with a plump brown kittypet. Then she caught a songbird on a fence, looked back, and they were gone. Where could they be? she thought. She HAD to warn them about the horrible danger they were in...



'Create

3 comments:

  1. Berrystar (too lazy to sign in :D)August 18, 2010 at 7:57 AM

    Inside the abandoned Twoleg nest, there were many broken things. The roof fell in on a spot, housing the other side from rain.

    "Here," Rufus flicked his tail before padding into the covered area. The Clan cats followed.

    The warriors were surprised to find themselves looking at four other kittypets.

    "This," Rufus flicked his tail at a jet black tom. "Is Cozzie. He's really good at fighting. He's a rogue. This here is," he nodded to a light brown she-cat. "Clover. She's really sweet. She's also expecting Cozzie's kits. This is Jubba, and he's really too lazy to do anything. But he can hunt!" Rufus twitched his nose when he indicated the plump, ginger tom. "And this last one is my sister, Poppy." Rufus sat down beside the pretty, white and brown she-cat.

    "Yours?" Rufus asked the Clan cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windstreak said...

    Thankyou for the shelter. We can hunt for ourselves and we'll be out of you hair by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berrystar (i dont wanna log in!)September 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM

    "I am Seabreeze, and this is Tawnymist, Windstreak, Fernpaw, Violetpaw, Windpaw, Fallowheart, Lithefoot, Thunderstorm, Mistpaw,and Dustpaw." Seabreeze indicated each cat with her tail. "Yes, thank you for the shelter. We deeply appreciate it."

    ReplyDelete